Sunday 9 March 2008

About me :)



Hello all, and welcome to my first ever blog :)......


My name is Matthew Hawkins from England and I'm 23 years old (until march 28th woooo).


i have been making bears as a hobby for a few years now... I stumbled upon the world of artist bears just by chance 3 years ago when i was broke and my mum was turning 40 (ahhh she will kill me :p) and i decided to try and make her a teddy bear as she love to collect them.... but i had no idea where to start (i didn't even know what mohair was) so i went to the library and search for books to help me..... and i found one!!! but i still had no idea where to get the bits from???? so it was back to the library for some more research. I found a mohair supplier on the Internet and phoned them up for some help and they invited me to come and see them the next weekend at the hugglets bear fair. So i went, and as i walked in the door my mouth hit the floor and i was shocked at how many wonderful bears their were.... so i found some mohair and a pattern and could not wait to start...I made my first bear & my mum loved it..... looking back i can see how bad it was made.... but as soon as i made it i was hooked and have been making bears since.


I started just making bears from other peoples patterns and giving them to family but always wanted something more than these patterns were giving me.. and set to work trying to make my own patterns..... but with little success.... but after time i started to get fluff balls that slightly resembled bears..... and i kept on working until i came up with something that i really liked.... i am still learning with every bear i make but it seems to be getting easier.... and that's it really... well i hope u like my bears to and keep checking back for more info on my bears... :)


love **Matthew's Bears**

1 comment:

Karen said...

I found your blog through Peng Peng tonight. I just love your little bears and the bunny is so cute too.
I would love to buy one from you someday.
I'm glad I came across your blog site.
Wishing you the best in your bear making.